While many of us practice social distancing, staying home from school (which used to be a dream come true) and away from our friends (which has always been a nightmare), it’s easy to suddenly look up at your TV screen after the 6th “Are You Still Watching?” Notification (can we remove those Netflix?) and realize you’ve watched the entire season of Love Is Blind.
While we’re all for quality TV, it might be time to get off the couch and get moving. In fact, working in some time for movement and exercise is going to be key for maintaining our physical and mental health throughout the coming days.
That’s why we’ve compiled the following list of fun ways that you can get some action into your day, no matter where you are or what you’re doing:
- Take A Long Walk — Grab your pet (or your parents!) and get out into your neighborhood for a nice walk. Make sure you’re staying safe and keeping to yourself, but it’s important to get those steps in and breathe some fresh air while you’re at it. If you’re feeling extra energetic, turn that walk into a run!
- Follow A Fitness Blogger— Some of our favorite fitness bloggers, like @kirstygodso, @ochosystem, @kaylaitsines and more are posting daily quick and easy workouts that you can do from the comfort of your own living room. Whether it’s 5 minutes, 15 or 50— something is better than nothing!
- Do A Quick Yoga Flow— Ok yogis, now is your chance. All you need is the length of your body. Whether you want to move your body any way that feels right, or follow a quick structured yoga flow online, we guarantee you’ll feel better afterwards. Our friends @SKYTING Yoga are posting daily live yoga flows on IG at 12pm if you want to join in! And @corepoweryoga has an online bank of free yoga class videos for you waiting on their site 🙂
- Learn A TikTok Dance— Take a cue from Justin & Hailey Bieber and use this time to learn a TikTok dance or two. You’ll get your body moving and make a fun video along the way. Post it on IG and tag us for a repost!
- Stretch It Out! If you’re feeling tired and all you can get in is a good stretch, that’s a great way to loosen up your limbs! Touch your toes and reach high to the sky.
- Download the Nike App— If you’re looking for a little more intense movement and trying to work up a sweat, download the Nike App! They have tons of free workouts by some of our favorite Nike Master Trainers available for you to follow along 🙂 Warning: Burpees included.