It’s officially October, aka it’s officially the greatest month of the year. We already know that the first and foremost important rule of October is to drink Pumpkin Spice Lattes. But other than that, how is a girl to be her happiest and healthiest at the amazing time of year!? So we’ve decided to give you a little run down of how to “October”- aka what is october’s role in the general calendar year, and what it means for you- regarding everything from your astrological sign, to your skincare, to food choices, to stress-handling methods. Look here for the guide of how to kick ass this month. More to come. Also, there’s going to be a Friday the 13thin October. What more could you ask for, fellow fans of the spooky and macabre. October is the time of the Harvest, which is a time of reaping the joy and benefits of the seeds you have been sowing throughout the year. Therefore, it symbolizes bounty, health and abundance.
According to Melinda Lee Holm, October’s energy is tailor-made to get you out of your comfort zone and into the fast lane. Buckle up for a bumpy ride ladies!
- Mustard—Mustard seed promotes the courage and perserverance needed to learn and integrate challenging information
- Pomegranates—They were Persephone’s key to thriving in the underworld, and as we can tell from Halloween, the Underworld rules this month.
- Corn—It’s October. It’s Fall. Fresh corn is delicious. Need we say more??
- Moonstone – Calling in the energy of the moon to see clearly through the darkness. Moonstone will aid in your mantra of the month, as Moonstone is a talisman of the inward journey, allowing us to take steps deep into our soul and understand our purpose, providing a mystical path to wisdom. If you want a greater explanation of what Moonstone can do for you, click here.
- Cinnamon Oil—For us, at least, there is no spice more “fall” than Cinnamon. Fortunately for us, it also has bomb health benefits. Cinnamon oil is sweet and spicy, musky and warm. It has a distinct cozy familiarity, making you want to bundle up in a scarf and grab a cup of hot apple cider.
- In aromatherapy, cinnamon essential oils can be used to help clear up chest colds. It can also sooth muscle aches and pains (when applied topically, not ingested!). It is also anti-inflammatory. Inflammation is a HUGE deal, especially in the fall!!! Click herefor a diary of a young girl with old knees- and what she’s doing about it.
- Go for a run outside. As the seasons are starting to transition and become increasingly darker and colder, this month presents likely the last few times you’re going to be able to go on an enjoyable run outside while it’s still light out and you’re not freezing your butt off.
- It doesn’t have to be long! But it’s a nice thing to do when you get home from school so you can unwind your legs after sitting all day, and clear your mind before starting on your homework and eating dinner.
- Turn on your favourite tunes and go for a quick jog around the block before heading home. You’ll feel WAY better and ready to kick a** the rest of the night! Even the piano lessons your mom is forcing you to take can’t get you down.
Mantras and Positive Intention-Setting:
- You’re probably sitting there saying what do these words even mean (lol). If you would like an explanation of what these are, and how they will RADICALLY improve absolutely everything going on in your life, click here.
- October is the month of extending yourself, and focusing on your subconscious for some major breakthroughs. Your mantra for this month should be something along the lines of “I will learn to love what scares me and continue to reach into the unknown”—feels a little Halloween-y to us and we love it. Embrace your inner goth/witch!!
- Sage + Palo Santo: You may be asking—what on earth are these and what do I do with them. Well, the following explanation is about to sound a little withy-y, but it’s October right?! What better time to tune in to your inner witch (we all have one). I think it’s safe to say that while we all try to stay relatively positive, when you have increasing amounts of school work, get a bad grade, your siblings are driving you crazy, or (insert here), it’s easy to let the negativity creep in. But what you probably DON’T know is that this negativity can actually stay in your space even after those thoughts are gone. So how do you get rid of it?
- If you want to know more about how to properly cleanse your space, watch this video!
COVER IMAGE: Pinterest